Mill Diagnostic Mechanic II Job Highlights
|Title||Mill Diagnostic Mechanic II|
|Location||Bayard, NM, United States|
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company. It operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum.
The company is searching for a Mill Diagnostic Mechanic II to join its team.
May mentor or train other mechanical workers.
Work autonomously under minimal supervision where the primary objective is safe production.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4 years of experience in mechanical/maintenance crafts (including welder, boilermaker, machinist, or facility maintenance/construction) or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance.
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required mechanical aptitude.
- The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and technical skills while also passing a written assessment where required.
- This exam is based on technical skills/abilities, or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- Ability to repair, install, fabricate, rebuild, troubleshoot, and preventative maintenance of process equipment i.e., pumps, conveyors, dryers, gearboxes, filters, etc. Capable of performing equipment lubrication.
- Assist in training employees in the mechanical maintenance area.
- Competent in mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, welding, bearings, basic metallurgy (stress cracking, metal compatibility), conveyor systems, plumbing, alignment, machine shop, blueprints, schematics, and mobile equipment. Qualified to operate small and large cranes and knowledgeable of safe rigging practices.
- Complete Work Orders, order parts, and other maintenance documentation
- Follows and understands MSHA or OSHA rules and regulations, Environmental rules and regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and work area instructions, participates in safety and environmental activities, and uses plant and equipment correctly at all times.
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance activities with increased complexity.
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned according to business needs.
- FPM Diagnostic Mechanic II: 75% FLEX score required; Must be able to demonstrate proficient basic welding skills.
- HEM Diagnostic Mechanic II: Practical Assessments defined in LOP; Complete first 34 classes in CAT-U or tested out with HEM FLEX Assessment.
- Shovel/Drill Diagnostic Mechanic II: Practical Assessments defined in LOP; Completed 52 courses or tested out with SDHEM Flex Assessment.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Occasionally may be asked to lift moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing, or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required
- This is a Safety Sensitive role
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electric shock, toxic chemicals, fumes, or airborne particles
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see, and work in confined spaces
- Company scholarships
- Education and adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Freeport-McMoRan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fcx.com.