Website Contech Engineered Solutions
Mill Operator Trainee Job Highlights
|Title||Mill Operator Trainee|
|Location||Arlington, WA, United States|
|Company||Contech Engineered Solutions|
Contech Engineered Solutions provides cost-effective site solutions to contractors, engineers, and developers on projects. The portfolio consists of bridges, erosion control, drainage, sanitary sewer, retaining wall, and stormwater management products.
The company is looking for a Mill Operator Trainee who will plan, lay out, assemble and weld culvert pipe fittings, accessories, and special products.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- No specific prior experience is required; the company will provide training.
- Butt welds and grinds strip ends manually.
- Checks and maintains mill mechanical operation to Original Equipment Specification on all mill equipment components, to comply with corporate Total Preventative Maintenance initiatives.
- Lubricates machines periodically per Total Preventative Maintenance policy and guidelines.
- Observes threading of strip through mill processes and progressively adjusts tooling and associated mechanicals as required with minimal scrap/waste.
- Operates mill components using manual and automatic controls on the control panel.
- Operates overhead cranes, coil handlers, or forklifts to move coil from storage area to machine.
- Performs and records all QA check measurements required by the Quality Manual on the product being produced.
- Performs equipment/tooling setup and changeover required on mill equipment that includes diameters, gages, pipe lengths, and corrugations.
- Performs routine mechanical maintenance and repairs to all mill process equipment.
- Produce quality products to meet output cost standards. If output cost standards are not achieved, provide root causes of mill process inefficiency to the plant manager for corrective action.
- Receives instructions and assignments from plant supervision as required.
- Records production and keeps work area clean.
- Threads in-coming coils through mill processes.
- Uses cutting torch or plasma to remove the strip and start-up pipe from the mill and forming head.
- Performs other related work as directed by plant supervision.
- Be able to weld or willing to learn
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to effectively use micrometers, dial calipers, radius gauges, and other measurement devices
- Must have good mechanical skills
- Must have good organizational and math skills
- Must have a good root cause problem-solving skills
- Willing to gain certification in mill operation and forklift operation, provided by the company
- The company offers competitive pay, benefits, and PTO during the first year of employment.
Contech Engineered Solutions is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identification, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conteches.com.