Mill Repair Person Job Highlights
|Title||Mill Repair Person|
|Location||Parshall, CO, United States|
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company. It operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum.
The company is hiring a Mill Repair Person who will safely perform maintenance, installation, and repair of equipment and processes in the Milling plant including mills, conveyors,
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in mechanical/maintenance
- A combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Assist with and perform component replacement and repairs on, but not limited to: conveyor systems, ball mills, auto mills, screen decks, lube systems, filter drums, crushers, hydraulic filter presses, and foundry pumps
- May perform welding (Stick, Tig)
- Perform mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance: identify potential failures/noises/wear on agitators, rotors, belts, pulleys, and gearboxes
- Responsible for maintaining work orders, a clean and safe work area, and performing work area inspections
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to read and use schematics and blueprints
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required aptitude. The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills while also passing a written assessment where required. This exam is based on skills/abilities and/or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Occasionally may be asked or required to lift moderately heavy to heavy objects up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing, or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see, and work in confined spaces
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Company scholarships
- Education and adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Freeport-McMoRan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fcx.com.