Website West Fraser
Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||High Prairie, Alberta, Canada|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is looking for a Millwright who will perform daily troubleshooting and predictive/preventative maintenance strategies.
- Applicants should possess a valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright Certification or Provincial Journeyperson Welding Certification
- The candidates are expected to have some work-related experience.
- Ensuring consistent operations of equipment
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment and repair as required
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers and chains, bearings, and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment.
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Verify and document completed repairs
- Ability to read blueprints, plans, and schematics
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Flexible schedule to work day, evening, weekend, and graveyard shifts
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of sawmill and planer maintenance will be an asset
- Troubleshooting in a fast-paced environment
- The company offers a challenging and stable work environment with a competitive wage and benefit package.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.