Website Johnson Controls
Millwright/Industrial Automation Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Millwright/Industrial Automation Technician|
|Location||Wichita, KS, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment, delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is searching for a Millwright/Industrial Automation Technician who will support the production lines, equipment, and facility by providing troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance activities.
The abilities and skills are broad-based to include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing and pipefitting, welding and metal fabrication, and machinery move including dismantle, relocation, and installation.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- The candidates should have 2 to 3 years of related experience
- Attend classes and seminars to update skills as required.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and communicate with other supervisors to coordinate repair activities in individual departments with a customer-oriented manner and a “customer first” sense of urgency.
- Provide written documentation and reports as requested.
- Read and comprehend mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, and fabrication prints, layouts, and sketches and perform troubleshooting and repairs of these systems as required.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product.
- Train or instruct others on technical issues and the operation of equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and perform preventive maintenance on all production and facility machinery and equipment and systems as required, including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing, and pipefitting, welding and metal fabrication, and machinery moves including dismantle, relocation, and reassemble. Utilize a variety of hand tools, testers, and shop power tools to accomplish the above.
- Work with other maintenance associates, engineers, technicians, production, and supervision in the resolution of equipment issues and repairs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to convert metric system measurements.
- Ability to create and write correspondence.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with variables.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one small group situations to associates, customers, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, sketches, diagrams, and memos.
- Strong interpersonal skills to encompass establishing productive relationships with company management and personnel.
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Medical/dental/vision insurance/health spending
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary benefits: ID Theft; Critical Illness, Pet Insurance, Legal Support
- Wellness Program
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.