Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada|
Bunge is a world leader in sourcing, processing, and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. The company has a wide network that feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for farmers and consumers across the globe. The network includes port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
The company is seeking a Millwright who will involve in supporting various areas of maintenance management, maintenance reliability, and maintenance operations. The distribution of work amongst these areas is dynamic and based on the changing needs of the maintenance department.
This role will provide mechanical support services to plant operations, install new services, maintain the safety of employees and facilities, communicate with vendors, create purchase requisitions, keep accurate records, and participate in emergency and weekend callouts.
They will also maintain equipment logs and be available for overtime based on plant demands
The position will report to the Reliability Excellence Superintendent.
- Applicants should be a Graduate of a recognized millwright program with a valid interprovincial journeyman ticket
- MW or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist), CMRP (Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional) certificate (an asset)
- Possess 10+ years of successful work experience in the plant reliability domain
- Ability to run a crew of varied trades during annual shutdown
- Active engagement in Maintenance Engineering projects
- Assist other trades with their tasks or perform other duties when the workload is low
- Be a driver for the success of the preventative maintenance programs on site
- Build and execute equipment reliability and condition monitoring program
- Compliance with all applicable safety rules
- Contribute to the overall plant safety by participating in plant safety training and hazard detection
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct equipment breakdowns for both short-term and long-term remediation
- Initiative and ability to perform work duties without supervision
- Interact with service providers such as vendors, government regulators and inspectors, contractors, and consultants
- Maintain knowledge of all departmental safety standards, policies, and procedures. Additionally, the position requires the promotion, encouragement, and enforcement of safety compliance by all Bunge personnel and contractor personnel working in the department
- Participate in the training of new maintenance staff
- Participate with the maintenance team members for repairs as required during scheduled and off hours
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance support to site operations in the form of preventative maintenance (PM) and planned work assignments
- Positive attitude and effective cooperation with fellow workers, contractors, department managers, and supervisors
- Rebuild and repair equipment such as pumps, valves, and other equipment
- Reliability to carry out duties and follow instructions
- Responsible for housekeeping duties in work areas as well as welding shop and steel storage area
- Safely operate plant equipment including forklift and skid-steer
- Take ownership of plant piping systems
- Work with various maintenance staff, electrical staff, operations staff, and contractors in a team environment
- Modify, design, and fabricate various items from structural, piping, machine guarding, chutes, tools, or other items as required
- Assist in the development and implementation of Maintenance reliability strategies; including, but not limited to-
-Mechanical Integrity (MI) initiatives and activities (UT, Oil analysis, Vibration analysis)
-Develop detailed work instructions, including planned work, PM tasks, standard operating procedures (SOP), and training
-Root cause/corrective action
-Assist in the development, implementation, and management of predictive maintenance strategies
-Participate in the development of and management of planned maintenance shutdowns and outages
-Support site Management of Change (MOC)
-Participate in site Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) activities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to adapt to change and shift priorities, both expected and unexpected.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to multi-task and work on/keep track of various projects and tasks at one time
- Ability to problem solve independently and see tasks through
- Ability to travel to other Bunge sites for training and assistance if required
- Be available for emergency call-ins, including nights and weekends
- Computer/software skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, Custom Software, etc.)
- Demonstrate a high level of teamwork, dedication, and self-direction
- Excellent English verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization
- Maintenance planning, inventory control, and use of CMMS is an asset
- Self-starter and willing to safely get tasks done in a timely manner
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Support diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Understanding of root cause/corrective action
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bunge.com.