Website Magna International
Millwright Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (night shift)|
|Location||Aurora, Ontario, Canada|
Magna International is one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and is dedicated to delivering mobility solutions. The company’s competitive capabilities include body exteriors and structures, power and vision technologies, seating systems, and complete vehicle solutions.
The company is seeking a Millwright who will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and production supporting equipment with hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanic components; including maintaining a facility.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Valid Millwright license
- Possess 4 to 5 years of experience in a similar role, ideally in production orientated environment, with emphasis on stamping, forming, and processes.
- Hands-on experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical theory.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement, dimensional quality concerns, and customer issues, and support departmental goals and objectives.
- Assist Operators to set up and adjust the process to ensure parts are produced according to requirements
- Fabricate frames, platforms, and structural components utilizing welding equipment
- Identify, plan and implement machine improvements for better quality and productivity.
- Improve hydraulic circuits and systems with regards to stoppage of leaks, cleanliness of hydraulic oil, replacement of untidy pipes and hoses
- Maintain adequate hydraulic, mechanic, and pneumatic spare part inventory levels
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on production and production supporting equipment
- Provide assistance for Apprentices
- Repair and replace hydraulic, mechanic, electric, and pneumatic components such as cylinders, pumps, motors, valves, pipes, hoses, filters, gearboxes, bearing assemblies
- Ability to use MIG, TIG, and arc welding equipment
- Able to work overtime as required
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and plant shutdowns
- Basic machine shop skills (i.e. lathes, grinders, milling machines)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of PLCs (i.e. Allen Bradley, Omron)
Magna International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company hires on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.magna.com.