Website Magna International
Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Markham, Ontario, Canada|
Magna International is one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and is dedicated to delivering mobility solutions. The company’s competitive capabilities include body exteriors and structures, power and vision technologies, seating systems, and complete vehicle solutions.
The company is hiring a Millwright who will be directly responsible for maintenance, debugging, and continuous improvement of assigned production and production support equipment.
Complete all tasks accurately and punctually under the direction of his/her immediate supervisor so that the plant will function safely and efficiently.
- Applicants should have a minimum Secondary School Diploma
- Mechanical Millwright’s license
- Possess a minimum of 7 years of experience troubleshooting and repairing mechanical presses, CNC machines, and welding equipment.
- Valid Lift Truck Certificate
- Valid scissor lift certificate
- MIG and Stick welding certification
- Awareness of all relevant Customer Requirements pertaining to your job function.
- Ensure IATF and ISO 14001 compliance.
- Follow guidelines, systems, and rules as set out by your employee handbook and company policies.
- Keep your workplace clean and tidy at all times.
- Treat your fellow workers as you would like to be treated.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Comply with legislative requirements including but not limited to Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act-
-Use or wear equipment, protective devices, or clothing that Pullmatic Mfg. requires to be used or worn.
-Report hazards to your supervisor/manager that you are aware of.
-Will not operate anything or work in a manner that may cause danger.
- Ensures safe practices prior to working on any equipment to prevent harm to him/herself and to others (e.g. Lockout procedure, barricading areas, safe handling of materials, etc.); makes supervisor aware of any unsafe procedures or areas so corrective actions can be taken.
- Assist in the development of preventative and predictive maintenance, spare parts tracking, and inventory system.
- Check daily tasks in MP2 and ensure timely completion.
- Continuous personnel improvement to learn all aspects of maintenance (both electrical/mechanical fields) to improve the effectiveness of the overall department.
- Develop maintenance plans for new or existing equipment under the direction of the supervisor.
- Document all tasks completed work orders and submit to supervisor for review and filing.
- Organization of maintenance stockroom and sign-out any parts required using the MRO procedure.
- Report to your supervisor any concerns that would affect the smooth operation of the department or of the equipment.
- Requisition maintenance components that are required for each task.
- Responsible for daily, weekly, etc., PMs for assigned equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and explain to his/her fellow team members.
- Able to problem solve quickly and efficiently.
- Able to troubleshoot and work on mechanical systems.
- Able to troubleshoot and work on pneumatic systems.
- Able to work independently.
- Computer literate and able to use MS office, MP2, etc.
- Confined Space, Lockout/Tagout, and WHMIS training.
- Good documentation and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of blueprint reading and metrology.
- Good working understanding of electro-mechanical principles.
- Strong English language communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Working knowledge of IATF and ISO14001 systems.
Magna International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company hires on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.magna.com.