Website Mercer International
Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Spokane Valley, WA, United States|
Mercer International is one of the world’s largest producers of NBSK and NBHK market pulp and a leader in the forestry product industry. It produces not only NBSK and NBHK pulp but also biomass-based green energy and bio-chemicals.
The company is seeking a Millwright who will play a crucial role in the flow of the factory.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Formalized/technical training (preferred)
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Millwright (required)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Experience in the Wood Products industry (preferred)
- Assist with or perform complex repairs.
- Deliver preventative maintenance on plant equipment.
- Gain working knowledge of Mercer Mass Timber’s fire protection system
- Read and interpret blueprints; construct and fabricate mill equipment including, but not limited to, welding and burning.
- Support manufacturing by maximizing plant uptime and providing support for facility systems in a safe manner, while contributing to corporate, plant, and departmental goals.
- Work with a team of millwrights and electricians to deliver preventative and routine maintenance on plant equipment, troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical problems, and work on capital projects including upgrading and installation of equipment.
- Ability to work closely with supervisors and other departments; be a team player/leader; have good communication skills, and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Experience working with equipment such as chains, belts, sprockets, and hand tools. Must own a complete set of hand tools up to an inch and a quarter
- Knowledge and ability to use Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Knowledge and experience in basic computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, Google, web-based applications including the internet, and preventative maintenance applications.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, and material transfer systems.
- Knowledge/proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals.
- Maintain a clean workstation and exhibit good performance, safety, and attendance records.
- Qualified and proficient in cutting and welding. Certified welder preferred, but not required.
- Self-starter with the ability and willingness to complete programs such as TPC classes.
- Show proficiency in Job Safety Analysis (JSA) standards.
- Willingness to work any shift, work overtime, and weekends
- A sense of urgency in terms of maximizing production and minimizing downtime is necessary for this type of manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must have the ability to interpret and apply verbal or written instructions
- Essential duties include, but are not limited to, stooping, climbing, and crawling in and over machines for repair purposes and the ability to lift heavy objects
- Must be comfortable working above the ground at times and outside as necessary
- Tasks performed involve working with equipment and materials that require familiarity with formal safety procedures and following these procedures in order to maintain the safety of the work environment
- The job of a Millwright is a very heavy-duty position. Heavy-duty involves exertion of more than 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or more than 20 pounds continuously to move objects
- All maintenance personnel will be required to wear safety glasses, hearing protection, hard hats, high visibility clothing, and safety toe shoes/boots. All personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to the employee by Mercer. Additional tasks may require extra PPE.
- The position will be evaluated weekly for the first 90 days by supervisors to ensure adequate and effective growth is occurring. Evaluations will include attendance, safety, production, and attention to detail (quality). Advancement will be based on attitude, productivity, and attention to detail
- This position is considered non-exempt (i.e. hourly) and is paid on a weekly basis
- This position reports directly to the Front-Line Maintenance Manager/Supervisor
- Up to 5-person panels will interview all applicants to ensure a successful team fit.
- The working position is inside a temperature and humidity-controlled factory.
- Benefits begin your first day of employment
- Health Savings Account
- Night Shift workers receive an extra dollar an hour
- Night shift works four days a week
- Potential for growth
Mercer International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit mercerint.com.