Website Martin Marietta
Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Tehachapi, CA, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is looking to hire a Millwright who will maintain, repair, fabricate, troubleshoot, install, and replace all mechanical devices required for the efficient and safe operation of the cement plant.
Perform mechanical field inspections throughout the plant and perform actions required by the Maintenance Supervisor in accordance with company standards, state and federal laws, policies, and operating procedures.
Promptly informs the Maintenance Supervisor of any issue that may require attention or action including safety risks, security problems, personnel issues, etc.
Will perform any work, within the classification, that management may deem necessary.
Work includes, but is not limited to, the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Required to provide the following tools- ½” Standard Socket Set, ½ Metric Socket Set, ½” dr Ratchet, Standard Combination Wrench Set, 15” Crescent Wrench, 12” Crescent Wrench, 8” Crescent Wrench, 32oz ball pien hammer, Plierz (adjustable) 12”, 24” Pipe Wrench Ridgid, 14” Pipe Wrench Ridgid, 13 pc Hex Key Set, 9 pc Metric Hex Set, Flashlight, Pinch Par, Punch Chisel Set, 2/4 Grinder, Welding Hood (auto-darkening) ¾ t Chain Hoist, Corded Drill, Longlose Pliers (needlenose) Impact Wrench (elec, ½”) Pinch Point Bar
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times, observing all employee rules and safe work procedures
- Perform daily equipment safety checks and reports as required per MSHA regulations.
- Must understand the cement process.
- Make equipment adjustments to properly train, align, fit, finish, prepare, close, open, inspect and report(s).
- Inspect, check, and maintain lubrication, cooling, and fuel levels in equipment used.
- Perform assigned work area housekeeping in order to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Understand and apply warehouse procedures.
- Attend all assigned meetings.
- Includes the use and implementation of equipment in support of PMMP work.
General Plant Equipment-
- Understand and troubleshoot conveying equipment and associated systems (belt conveyors, drag chain/s, elevators, air slides, screw conveyors, material feeders), gas and related equipment (fan, airlock, FK pump, compressor, dust collector, and vent lines to equipment), water-related equipment (pumps, filters, valves), area plant equipment (raw mill, coal mill, blend silo, preheat tower, kiln, cooler, baghouses, finish mill systems) and associated plant equipment (drives, hydraulics, couplings, cooling).
- Understand and apply all aspects of the maintenance program (preventive and corrective maintenance, reporting, etc). Maintain, repair, install, and replace mechanical systems and associated equipment independently or subordinate to technical leadership.
- Monitor and perform field inspections on equipment. Will take action (reporting, operating, repairing, cleaning, feeding, adjusting, etc) on-field equipment and process generated by inspections and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Must be able to perform all technical aspects of the job by using all tools or systems required to perform work (vibration analysis, comparator, micrometers, theodolite, inclinometer, and welding machines). Must understand and apply all administration and safety procedures throughout the plant. Requires an ability to read understand and apply all schematics, drawings, technical publications, and logic required or related to the job.
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor any observed safety, security, or hazardous conditions, corrects when ability allows.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence, and use electronic mail (email).
- Ability to effectively present information in 1 to 1 and small group situations to supervisor, other employees, and outside vendors.
- The primary language used is English.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
- Ability to perform this operation using Imperial (American) units of weight, volume, mass, distance, and currency.
- Ability to solve practical problems and follow a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Testing will be given to all applicants as a requirement of this position.
- A score of 70% minimum is required to warrant further consideration for the position.
- Previous experience operating equipment and performing maintenance tasks preferred.
- Regularly required to talk, provide operators with instruction (provide feedback), listen, stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl within cramp and confined space, climb and descend ladders/stairs, reach with hands and arms at or above shoulder height, use hands, use tools properly, or operate controls.
- Must regularly lift and move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to extreme cold and heat and outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes, dust, or airborne particles.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts, and electrical components, and is exposed to kiln heat, loud noise, and uneven working and walking surfaces.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.