Website Sims Limited
Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Redwood City, CA, United States|
Sims Limited is a global leader in metal recycling and provides circular solutions for technology and is an emerging leader in renewable energy.
Sims Metal (a business division of Sims Limited) buys and processes scrap metal from businesses, other recyclers, and the general public.
The company (Sims Metal) is looking to hire a Millwright with a proven experience with industrial and construction equipment repairs.
Be responsible for dismantling machinery, transferring equipment, interpreting blueprints, and installing equipment.
Also, be able to make decisions, troubleshoot, and perform repairs with little to no supervision.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Completion of an accredited millwright certificate program.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of experience as a millwright or similar job
- Disassemble and reassemble the equipment for repair or transportation.
- Build the foundation for machines.
- Construct and install equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails.
- Review and interpret engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to determine work procedures.
- Transfer equipment to the applicable site for maintenance to avoid contamination or safety hazards.
- Grind and file machinery parts.
- Supervise construction workers when using the equipment.
- Work with a range of hand tools including measuring tools, welding, and brazing equipment.
- Determine which machines, techniques, and tools to use when moving equipment and completing jobs.
- Visit various construction sites.
- Good communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of construction equipment and machinery
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail with excellent mathematical skills
- The company offers competitive pay and a range of attractive benefits.
Sims Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate with regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, housing status, source of income, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.simsltd.com.