Website Hth Companies
Millwright Job Highlights
|Bloomington, IL, United States
Hth Companies is an industrial services provider. The company offers mechanical insulation, scaffolding, industrial cleaning, and other services.
The company is recruiting a Millwright who will install, dismantle, repair, reassemble, and move machinery on construction sites. Work on pumps, compressors, conveyors, turbines, etc.
Must be able to read highly technical instructions and blueprints on machinery.
Knowledge of how machinery works so repairs can be made when needed.
Must be willing to work in various conditions (wet/dry, clean/dirty, hot/cold, inside/outside).
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience
- Possess proof of completed OSHA 10, or higher, within 60 days of the original hire date.
- Expected Tools: Grinder, Combination square, hammer, calipers, chalk line, soapstone, ruler, chisels, level, saws, hand shears, clipping knife, micrometer
- Use a variety of hand tools, such as hammers and levels, as well as equipment for welding, brazing, and cutting.
- Ability to lay out projects and execute them in an effective manner
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for 8+ hours a day
- Ability to perform work at above-ground elevations while wearing a harness and other protective equipment
- Able to work in numerous positions such as flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders
- Cuts materials using proper tools
- Efficient at positioning parts in the jig and using tools to ensure fit
- Follows directions of Manager/Leads/Superintendent and clarifies responsibilities if needed
- Prolonged standing, walking
- Promotes safe workplace by participating in safety training, identifying job hazards, wearing correct PPE, and observing for oneself and others
- Respect self, co-workers, managers, company, other contractors, and clients
- Shows up on time and ready to complete work
- Strong math skills in basic, algebra, and geometry
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Tack-welds metal to provide an outline for assembly
- Takes care of company-owned or rented equipment returning in like manor
- Ability to follow all safe work procedures
- Ability to work at above-ground elevations while wearing a harness and other protective equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in various weather conditions
- Adaptable in methods used to complete the task
- Basic math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Follows directions of manager/lead/superintendent and clarifies responsibilities if needed
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Knowledge of basic tools and their applications
- Motivated to learn new skills and trades
- Willing to go the extra mile for the team
- Ability to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, cleaning, shoveling, and painting.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for 8+ hours daily, including prolonged standing and walking, bending, and twisting.
- Must be able to climb ladders repetitively
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50lbs regularly
- Ability to safely perform duties related to confined space work.
- 401k (Company Match of 3%)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Supplemented Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Critical Illness and Group Injury Insurance
- Voluntary Dental
- Voluntary Vision
Hth Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit hthcompanies.workbrightats.com.