Website West Fraser
Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Newberry, SC, United States|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is searching for a Millwright to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of verifiable work experience as a Millwright
- Cutting Torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Welding experience (GMAW/SMAW)
- Able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Adjust the tension on nuts, bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to the basic assembly unit.
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Layout mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with a power drill
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high-pressure situations
- Possess a basic understanding of lineups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, and machine centers
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment including conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
- Replace defective parts of the machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Must be able to work night/day shift
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical, reference check, and background check
- Requires own basic tools
- Safety orientated and comply with ZES
- 401k with company match
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-the-job training and promotion
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.