Website AGI (Ag Growth International)
Millwright Foreman Job Highlights
|Location||Joplin, MO, United States|
|Company||AGI (Ag Growth International)|
AGI is a global leader in the planning, engineering, and manufacturing of full equipment solutions and systems across 5 platforms i.e. grain, fertilizer, food, feed, and seed. The company’s specific systems are farm and commercial applications that include storage, handling, structural, processing, and controls. All are brought together with engineering and project management.
The Company (AGI – Michell Mill Systems) is recruiting a Millwright Foreman who will lead and manage skilled labor and work crews engaged in all job duties concerned with the millwright activities of the project, ranging from basic conveyor systems to complex industrial production systems.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- Possess experience working in heavy industrial and construction environments
- Experience with forklifts, aerial lifts, and other heavy equipment
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective parts on machinery applicable to the job scope
- Assemble machinery and equipment before installation using hand and power tools and welding
- Communicate at a minimum daily with Mitchell Mill Systems Project Manager through completion of job
- Conduct daily job hazard analysis for each job with the project and ensure all customer-required permits are complete prior to starting any work
- Conduct daily toolbox meetings with the workforce including all subcontractors
- Ensure compliance by workforce or subcontractor to all standards, procedures, and contractual commitments with the bound of all applicable policies
- Install, align, dismantle, rig, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans
- Lead and control skilled labor and work crews engaged in all activities concerned with the millwright activities (rigging, piping, welding, demo/install, etc.) of the project
- Supervise work performed on systems ranging in difficulty from basic conveyor systems to complex industrial production systems
- Ensure all paperwork, receipts and timesheets are complete, accurate, and submitted on a timely basis
- Maintain an orderly, clean and safe worksite
- Maintain and follow DOT regulations applicable to Mitchell Mill Systems
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks, and lifts to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery
- OSHA 30, Welding Certifications, Aerial Lift License, Forklift License, First Aid/AED licenses preferred
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the works
- Able to demonstrate good organizational skills, following policies, procedures, and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary
- Commitment to safety and the environment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Skills to supervise project team as well as managing all on-onsite project activities, scheduling, and reporting
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to successfully interact with employees and clients professionally
- Verifiable experience supervising members of a project team as well as managing on-site project activities, scheduling, and reporting
- Willing to travel sometimes for extended periods
- Work at heights
- The company offers competitive salaries, benefits packages, and employee share purchase plans.
AGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit agi.hiringplatform.com.