Website West Fraser
Millwright I Job Highlights
|Whitehouse, FL, United States
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is looking for a Millwright I who will perform a variety of tasks related to the safe and efficient application of the technical skills and knowledge to maintaining industrial machinery, conveyors, and mechanical systems associated with the manufacturing of forestry products.
Preventive and predictive maintenance practices and zone-based maintenance are an integral part of our Maintenance program.
This role offers a challenging, diverse, and exciting opportunity to become part of our Maintenance team.
- Applicants do not require a High School Diploma
- Must have minimum 3 years of verifiable work experience as a Millwright
- Must have cutting Torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Must have welding experience (GMAW/SMAW)
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
- Adjust the tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Layout mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with a power drill
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high-pressure situations
- Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Possess a basic understanding of lineups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, and machine centers
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment including conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
- Replace defective parts of a machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- 401k with company match
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-the-job training and a
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.