Website West Fraser
Millwright (Level 1) Job Highlights
|Title||Millwright (Level 1)|
|Location||Maplesville, AL, United States|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is hiring a Millwright (Level 1) who will be responsible for the execution of Maintenance work.
The position requires a high level of technical knowledge and a basic understanding of the Sawmill process.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have cutting Torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Must have welding experience (GMAW and SMAW)
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
- Adjust the tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with a power drill
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high-pressure situations
- Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Possess a basic understanding of lineups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, and machine centers
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment including conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
- Replace defective parts of a machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Must be safety orientated and comply with ZES
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical, reference check, and background check
- 401k with company match
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-the-job training
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.