Website West Fraser
Millwright (Level 1) Job Highlights
|Title||Millwright (Level 1)|
|Location||McDavid, FL, United States|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is looking for a Millwright who will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the mill.
The individual will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through the daily use of troubleshooting and predictive, preventative maintenance strategies.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of verifiable work experience as a Millwright
- Must have Cutting Torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Must have welding experience (GMAW/SMAW)
- Maintain and operate basic tools such as grinders, hyd-presses, drill presses, air tools, etc.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Repair and maintenance of industrial equipment including conveying systems, and major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
- Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, and perform maintenance work on machinery
- Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance programs for equipment
- Welding and operating oxy-acetylene torches
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions.
- Employer will perform skills assessment, background check, reference check, drug screen, and physical.
- Must be a motivated self-starter that can work safely under high-pressure situations
- Must have the skills needed to maintain and operate basic tools such as grinders, hyd-presses, drill presses, air tools, etc.
- Possess a basic understanding of lineups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, and machine centers.
- Willing to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends
- 401k with company match
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-the-job training
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.