Website West Fraser
Millwright/Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Kinards, SC, United States|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is seeking a Millwright/Maintenance Mechanic who will plan and perform all maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant property, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition; diagnose problems, and work in many varied and diversified capacities required in general maintenance, overhaul, and repair of plant equipment processes and facilities.
Periodically perform or assist others in routine to moderately complex repairs or installation of automatic electrical and electronic controls.
- Applicants require a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 years or more of experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing heavy equipment (required)
- A combination of higher education and experience will be taken into consideration
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (required)
- Experience reading blueprints (required)
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors (required)
- Experience with fabrication, cutting with a torch, and welding with an arc welder (required)
- Experience with the precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings, and pumps (required)
- Experience performing lubrication preventative maintenance and troubleshooting lubrication-related failures preferred
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics systems and reading hydraulic schematics preferred
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred
- Adjust mechanisms such as feed, speed, power input, or output.
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions by sight, sound, or actions of machinery and equipment.
- Inspect, adjust, clean, or lubricate equipment as preventive maintenance. Tear down, replace, repair, install, and assemble equipment, parts, components, and accessories.
- Operate various mechanical and electronic test equipment.
- Remain current in technical changes or equipment designs by attending classes as needed
- Specific knowledge of pumps, conveyor systems, motors, and drives is required in the performance of regular or assigned duties.
- Start, observe, operate, or otherwise activate equipment to detect or verify the correction of the malfunction.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment and completing all required training.
- Work involves a complete range and wide variety of duties involving diversified and difficult work using technical electronic diagnostics, computer equipment, and a variety of precision instruments; requiring much care to effectively and efficiently diagnose, dismantle, repair, and lubricate, reassemble or otherwise work on general maintenance.
- Work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends, and overtime as scheduled or required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
- Consistent, predictable attendance
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule which will include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to work on an emergency call-in basis as required
- Willingness and ability to cross-train to learn new jobs and skills
- 401k with company match
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Company vehicle
- Competitive starting pay
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-the-job training
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.