Millwright Technician IV Job Highlights
|Title||Millwright Technician IV|
|Location||Winston-Salem, NC, United States|
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing, and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
The company is seeking a Millwright Technician IV who will be responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in rigging, responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the facility’s mechanical equipment and systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Repairs mechanical equipment, industrial pumps, and motors, coupling installations and alignment, bearing replacements, and performs basic plumbing.
Must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess 5 years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in fabrication, welding, and torching (required)
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Assists in the movement of machines/fixtures, materials, and equipment as required. Rigging of equipment to be moved or turned as needed.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs facility mechanical systems; pneumatic or hydraulic systems;
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Operate mobile (Broderson) and overhead cranes.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers, and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic, and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Perform welding and fabrication, including building custom fixtures, fabricating brackets, and fabricating maintenance parts or “one-off” parts. Performs maintenance on various welders as needed.
- Performs basic pipefitting repairs.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance with codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and Lockout/Tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Good working knowledge of all types and applications of equipment pertaining to maintenance and operations for assigned areas, and the ability to work within machine tolerances.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends
- The position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- Does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization
- May require a valid Driver’s License
- Require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location
- Require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color coding.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladders, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during a shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitively for the shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly push or pull hand or pallet trucks.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, and squat repetitively during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Associate’s Degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related Facility Maintenance discipline.
- Certification in mobile crane operation and rigging.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright-related work.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility-related equipment.
- Experience welding using MIG, TIG, and arc welders.
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics, and repairs.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.
- Experience working safely with 480-volt 3-phase electrical systems
- Welding certification
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Wear steel-toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
Amentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.