Website Newmont Corporation
Mine Maintenance Superintendent Job Highlights
|Title||Mine Maintenance Superintendent|
|Location||Timmins, ON, Canada|
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc, and lead. It is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution, and technical proficiency.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Superintendent who will provide leadership and guidance to the asset management department to ensure safe, productive, and efficient operation.
The position is accountable for integrating strategies to meet goals and objectives, as well as managing and optimizing asset management systems, practices, and procedures.
- The applicants should have a Post‐Secondary Education (College or University) along with a minimum of an interprovincial Red Seal Certification of Competency in a relevant field for equipment maintenance.
- 10 or more years of mobile maintenance management experience with a minimum of 4 or more years in a Mobile Maintenance Superintendent role in a mining environment including tire management strategy.
- Experience mentoring, providing solid direction and safety leadership to all employees and contractors under their direction in harsh northern Ontario field environments and in UG workshops.
- Experience working with fixed assets such as shaft winding systems, underground primary ventilation fans and pumping systems, and Electrical Infrastructure
- Extensive experience Supervising and Managing the Maintenance being performed on the following OEM: Caterpillar, Sandvik, Mclean, and Hitachi
- Previous experience working with employees of all competency levels including developing individuals with minimal experience at apprenticeship levels to Senior Maintenance levels organizing and performing maintenance in a mining environment.
- Welding and fabrication experience required with an emphasis on equipment maintenance, structural fabrication, and ground engaging tool maintenance best practices as well as procedure development and compliance.
- Active leadership in the Fatality Risk Management Process (FRM) and Critical Control Verifications
- Enable necessary training for direct reports to be competent and capable in the safe facilitation of their tasks
- Ensure prompt investigation of all injuries, illnesses, and incidents
- Hazards and risks are effectively managed and preventative measures implemented
- Newmont safety management program (inspections, audits, task observations.) implemented and complied with within area of responsibility
- Regular health and safety checks, inspections and audits meet external and internal requirements
- Develop an appropriate asset management workplace culture that supports the achievement of the asset management objectives
- Develop an organizational structure and capability appropriate for achieving the asset management objectives
- Develop and communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance with site policies
- Develop appropriate development and succession plans for key positions
- Lead the Mine Asset Management department for fixed and mobile assets
- Manage the talent pool of employees
- Provide guidance to direct reports in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Develop and achieve asset management objectives that deliver the desired balance of cost, risk, and asset performance to achieve the business needs
- Develop decision-making criteria for use of the asset management system (policies, procedures and processes, objectives, roles and responsibilities, plans and tasks)
- Direct the implementation of asset strategies and asset management plans that will deliver the asset management objectives
- Drive consistency in process between the two underground operations
- Ensure site assets achieve the overall business objectives
- Establish good rapport with the other departments to ensure common goals are identified and reached
- Fixed and Mobile Asset Management at Hoyle Pond
- Manage new equipment to the site to ensure consistent assessment is undertaken
- Mobile Asset Management at Hollinger Open Pit
- Oversee the implementation of continuous improvement programs
- Oversight of Fixed and Mobile Asset Management at Borden
- Communicate to direct reports the relevant financial detail to each individual’s level ensuring their understanding and obligations to meet the budget goals
- Ensure cost impacts in the area of accountability are evaluated, approved and the budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction and optimization initiatives
- Manage the department in line with an approved budget
- Advanced SAP maintenance systems expertise and efficiency coupled with Advance Microsoft Office software expertise are highly advantageous.
Newmont Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.newmont.com.