Website Newmont Corporation
Mine Maintenance Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Mine Maintenance Welder|
|Location||Cripple Creek, CO, United States|
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc, and lead. It is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution, and technical proficiency.
The company is searching for a Mine Maintenance Welder to join its team and will be provided the necessary training to work safely in the mining environment.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Must maintain Welding Certification
- Although an entry-level position, yet will hire experienced Welders
- Possess a reliable and consistent work history
- Demonstrate excellent listening and strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Learn and follow safety rules, report hazards, and take responsibility for your actions.
- Must pass welding test; weld qualifications as per set requirements.
- Performs mechanical repairs, installations, inspections, and preventative maintenance of machinery/equipment.
- Strive to make safety the foundation of everything you do and offer suggestions for improvement when you see them.
- Welding – Repair and Fabrication.
- Able to drive a motor vehicle, and must possess a valid driver’s license with at least one year of driving experience.
- Able to read, write, and possess basic math and science skills to complete daily reporting requirements.
- Ability to complete work tasks while exposed to weather conditions/elevation.
- The Cripple Creek & Victor (CC&V) Mine site is located at elevations ranging from approximately 9,400 ft. to 10,600 ft. above sea level. Workers in this position are routinely exposed to conditions at various work sites throughout this range of elevations.
- This full-time position is located at the Cripple Creek & Victor mine site in Colorado.
- Weather conditions can and do change frequently, and can become severe at times.
- You will work a 12-hour shift, rotating between days and nights.
- Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial, and emotional wellbeing.
- This role will be eligible for the following benefits – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto, and pet insurance.
- All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to recruiting, hiring, placing, and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation, etc.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.newmont.com.