Website Empire Cat
Mining Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Bagdad, AZ, United States|
Empire Southwest is a top authorized Caterpillar® dealer for heavy equipment and power generation. The company provides commercial SunPower solar products. Also, it is an authorized dealer for agriculture equipment from AGCO, Challenger, Massey Ferguson, and other leading manufacturers.
The company is looking for a Mining Welder who will repair or rebuild structurally failed or worn parts requiring welding process reconstruction.
Work in adverse weather and other adverse shop and field situations presented by customer needs.
Accept all out-of-town assignments requiring overnight stays.
Communicate orally and in writing information, instructions, and explanations to associates, customers, and management regarding conditions, problems, and recommendations.
- Possess a minimum of 6 months of related experience
- Fabricate or repair metal parts
- Comprehend and interpret sketches and diagrams
- Operate welding equipment
- Prepare service reports
- Plan and control the cost of repair jobs
- Maintain company equipment – keep it in good clean orderly condition
- Work safely at all times
- Adhere to all applicable safety policies
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss the scope or progress of the job.
- Learn and use Empire, Caterpillar, and allied product procedures and systems.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Travel to remote locations as needed.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
- Current driver’s license.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
- Perform complex and innovative welding procedures.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Able to read and correctly interpret diagrams and blueprints.
- Basic knowledge of heat stresses in the metal.
- Know the proper use of cleaners and solvents.
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
- Regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
- Regularly required to lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- May be required to operate a forklift with appropriate certification(s).
- Will be required to wear a respirator and be cleared for respirator use by an approved medical provider.
- This position is designated as a “Safety-Sensitive Position”. A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that Empire in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Empire Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.empire-cat.com.