Website Martin Marietta
Mobile Equipment Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Mobile Equipment Mechanic|
|Location||Midlothian, TX, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Mobile Equipment Mechanic who will repair all mobile equipment in the plant and quarry including skid steer loaders, forklifts, pickups, welders, trucks, all heavy equipment, and diesel and gasoline engines.
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Trade School or related Mechanical/Technical Certification (preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in maintaining light to heavy mobile equipment, both diesel and gasoline-powered (required)
- Accurately and promptly diagnose specific problems on mobile equipment.
- Adjust or replace worn-out clutches and perform driveline repairs.
- Assists with training co-workers as needed
- Cut, weld, and fabricate when necessary.
- Follows safety policies and procedures as written
- Operates mobile equipment as needed
- Overhaul and rebuild diesel and gasoline engines in accordance with specifications.
- Perform and retain records on preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Perform brake repairs and adjustments on mobile equipment.
- Perform responsibilities safely and maintain a clean workplace.
- Performs general clean-up of work areas
- Reads manuals, uses hand tools, and power tools to perform repairs and maintenance to electrical systems, power transmissions, brakes, drivelines, and other automotive systems to perform repair work
- Repair or rebuild transmissions with efficiency.
- Repair power takeoff units.
- Troubleshoots electrical/hydraulic problems; makes the necessary repairs or replacements, and interprets schematics on electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Utilize parts manual and online resources for ordering parts.
- Will repair air conditioners and heaters.
- Performs other duties as required
- Ability and initiative to make sound decisions
- Ability to be on call 24/7 as needed
- Excellent work and safety record
- Must be able to use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Ability to see and hear safety indicators and warnings
- A high degree of manual dexterity and accuracy required
- Manual dexterity to operate equipment and use basic hand tools
- Must be able to use hand tools and electronic test equipment such as multi-meters and scopes
- Must use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Visual acuity, speech/hearing, and hand/eye coordination
- Walk on all types of surfaces (uneven or slippery ground)
- Work requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, walk, long distances, climb ladders/stairs, and bend for extended periods of time (up to 12 hours)
- Working Conditions
- Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain, and high humidity, and is required to work in all plant environments.
- Be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights.
- May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDSs)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.