Mobile Fleet Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Mobile Fleet Mechanic|
|Location||Dayton, OH, United States|
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments. It operates in five sectors of public-service provision i.e. Health, Transport, Justice/Immigration, Defense, and Citizens Services.
The company is searching for a Mobile Fleet Mechanic with occasional on-call and storm support responsibilities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess at least 2 years of light to the heavy-duty vehicle maintenance experience
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to work on a diverse equipment set, which includes mowers, cranes, backhoes, trailers, trenchers, bulldozers, excavators, wood chippers, asphalt laying equipment, diggers and pole setting equipment, aerial man lifts, cranes, medium and heavy trucks, and mounted/non-mounted attachments.
- Operate and perform diagnosis on equipment, maintain and repair hydraulic systems, routes and replaces hydraulic lines, check system for leaks and proper operation
- Perform diagnosis and repair complex electrical systems.
- Perform inspections, repair and maintenance operations on a variety of powered, and non-powered equipment, and vehicles.
- Perform minor welding repairs when required in a field environment.
- Perform operational and functional inspections, repairs and maintenance on fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Perform routine vehicle and equipment preventive maintenance inspections checking, DOT inspections and replaces fluids, checks lights and other electrical system components, etc.
- Provide clear and accurate information when entering work order data into a fleet maintenance system.
- The list of duties does not include all duties that may be assigned to this position.
- Work under general supervision and is a self-starter.
- Candidates must provide truck technician hand tools
- Flexibility to be on call
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers
- Must be able to obtain a Medical Card to operate a service vehicle
- Must be computer literate
- Must possess necessary skills to operate and interpret diagnostic equipment
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to obtain CDL license upon request
- ASE Certifications preferred or capable of gaining certifications
- Diesel vocational/technical school certifications
- Hydraulic experience preferred
- 2 weeks of uniforms, including wet and cold weather gear and all required PPE and shop gear
- A combination of vacation, holiday, and sick/personal time annually
- Allowances for boots, tools, and safety glasses
- ASE testing reimbursement upon successful certification
- Free and paid training
- Health/Dental/Vision/life insurance with multiple program options to fit your
- License and inspection cost reimbursement as well as tuition reimbursement for industry schools
- Pay rate will be commensurate with experience, annual increases, and promotion potential
- Short- and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Well-equipped shops in regulatory compliant shops with excellent security
Serco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversifying our workforce (race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, and vets).
To apply for this job please visit careers-sercona.icims.com.