Website Martin Marietta
Mobile Mechanic Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (day shift)|
|Location||Hondo, TX, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is hiring a Mobile Mechanic who will be responsible for performing mechanical repairs on diesel-powered equipment including troubleshooting and repairs of heavy equipment, rebuilds, removal and installation of mechanical parts, and preventative maintenance on all types of diesel-powered equipment.
Lubricate and change oils and filters as needed.
The position will work under the immediate direction of the Plant Manager.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Trade School or related Mechanical/Technical Certification (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of mobile equipment maintenance experience
- CAT and Komatsu experience (preferred)
- Ability to weld and fabricate
- Assists with training co-workers as needed
- Communicates/directs co-workers through hand signals and two-way radio
- Delivers technical advice to mobile equipment operators
- Demonstrates good knowledge of lockout/tagout procedure required during certain repairs
- Follows safety policies and procedures as written
- Maintains parts inventory and orders supplies as needed
- May make service calls at other plants as needed
- Observe and listen to mining equipment in operation to determine malfunctions
- Operates mobile equipment as needed
- Performs data entry on all services performed with the use of a laptop computer
- Performs general clean-up of work areas
- Reads manuals and uses hand and power tools to perform repairs and maintenance to electrical systems, power train systems, brakes, hydraulics, and air conditioning systems
- Replaces ground engaging tools and other worn items as required
- Performs other duties as required
- 40 hours per week and overtime on an as-needed basis
- Ability to read and write in English
- Basic welding skills
- A commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is required (or must be able to obtain within 90 days)
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance of diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical, power transmissions, brakes, drivelines, and other automotive systems to perform repair work
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Work is performed 50% outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather with 50% being indoors
- Work requires the ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, operate mobile equipment, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects
- Work requires the ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Work requires the ability to operate hand controls with both hands and foot pedals requiring both feet
- Work requires the ability to perform sustained overhead-reaching
- Work requires the ability to perform work while lying on your back for prolonged periods of time and in some cases cramped quarters
- Work requires the ability to use vibration tools
- Work requires the ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
- All duties require outside assignments and periods of work in all weather conditions, cold, wet dry, and dusty.
- Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 85 dBs
- Competitive hourly pay with OT opportunities
- PTO Available as of Day One
- Guaranteed to be home every day
- 401(k) plan with company match PLUS
- Employee Pension retirement plan (free to employees)
- Full Medical, Health and Wellness Benefits start on First Day
- Relocation assistance to the Hondo, TX area considered
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.