Website Trinity Industries
Mobile Repair Technician Job Highlights
|Mobile Repair Technician
|Sunray, TX, United States
Trinity Industries is North America’s premier provider of railcar products and services. The company provides products that are an integral part of the supply chain and help fuel the lives and economy.
The company is hiring a Mobile Repair Technician to join its team.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Any type of welding, valve, mechanical experience, or railcar knowledge (preferred)
- May be required to obtain specialized qualification and training in one of the following: Air Brake Testing, Welding, Gasket Valves and Fasteners, BLTII, PTII, VTII, Qualified Coating Applicator, Qualified Coating Inspector, Qualified Abrasive Blaster or other qualifications as applicable.
- Able to perform confined space monitoring and create hot work permits.
- Actively participates in safety assessments and equipment inspections. Ability to work within confined spaces and from elevated heights as required to perform work.
- Conducts railcar inspections to ensure cars comply. Performs repairs as necessary while always using current repair procedures.
- Ensures all necessary invoicing, inspection, and work order information is accurate and complete.
- Follows all safety rules and practices. May be involved in safety committees or initiatives.
- Has the ability to pass any required NDT disciplines and function-specific certifications, which may include tank car welding, and demonstrates strong familiarity with AAR rules and regulations.
- May be required to have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Meets the expectations and requirements of all customers to ensure we deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Understand and complete all basic required on-board training with safety and quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn all major railcar components and basic functions.
- Will work under the direct supervision of a Career Mobile Technician or higher position to perform specific repair processes to railcars.
- Ability to use hand tools such as hammers, torches, wrenches, hydraulic jacks, pneumatic tools, and others as required.
- The company offers a benefits package that includes Paid Time Off, Maternity/Parental Paid Leave, Health Savings Account with a Company Contribution, Health Care & Dependent Care FSA’s, 401(k) Plan with 6% Company Match, Professional Development, Recognition Incentives, and Service Awards.
Trinity Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit trinity.referrals.selectminds.com.