Website Marathon Petroleum Corporation
MPL Construction/Maintenance Welder Technician Job Highlights
|Title||MPL Construction/Maintenance Technician – Welder|
|Location||Indianapolis, IN, United States|
|Company||Marathon Petroleum Corporation|
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company. It operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations, Marathon brand retail outlets.
The company is looking for a Welder Technician who can work in and around petroleum products and crude oil facilities executing various construction and maintenance activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- CDL preferred or must be able to obtain a CDL within 12 months.
- Prior experience in the oil and gas industry with the use of heavy equipment or welding preferred.
- Technical/Vocational training in welding preferred.
- Pass all applicable API 1104 and Company required welding qualification tests and apply the concepts while welding in many different situations.
- Prefab welding in a shop referring to prints, installing prefabricated components in the field per prints, remediating pipeline anomalies by the installation of a sleeve, and completing in-service pipeline cutouts due to emergency situations.
- Weld 6010/8010 downhill and 7018 uphill on mainline piping systems
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, procedures to plan piping layout for welding operations. This includes completing mathematical calculations based on information, drawings, and field verified measurements.
- Assist in spotting heavy equipment, rigging, and lifting, line locating, and exposing lines/utilities during excavation.
- Assure in accordance with all regulations in support of DOT, Environmental, Safety, and Regulatory compliance.
- Perform emergency break and leak activities.
- Perform general maintenance on a variety of equipment.
- Perform pipeline coating removal and application following company standards and procedures.
- Pipeline maintenance activities including manual labor, bolting, torquing, pipe fitting, fabrication, and hydrostatic testing.
- Provide field support to various other MPL processes and departments.
- Provide support for damage prevention and right of way relations.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills is required.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including bonuses, health insurance, retirement savings plans, and relocation assistance.
Marathon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marathonpetroleum.com.