Website Allied Reliability
Multi-Craft Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
Allied Reliability provides asset performance management across the lifecycle of production assets to deliver required throughput at the lowest operating cost while managing asset risk and achieving environment, social, and governance objectives.
The company is seeking a Multi-Craft Technician to join its manufacturing team.
- Now education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Experience in a food production environment or have 3 years of experience in a maintenance capacity, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of electrical systems using 480-volt 3-phase as well as 240 volts through 24-volt single-phase systems.
- Able to complete all tasks in the area abiding by Mars Safety Practices.
- Able to complete all tasks in the area assigned by the manager abiding by the Quality Practices and Mars Safety practices.
- Adopt the Mars Operating System (OS) and use it daily.
- Basic machining and welding knowledge.
- Can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Communicate issues observed to the Technical Lead, System Technician, and or Manager to develop solutions for reoccurring issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment and systems during factory runtime and downtime. Making adjustments based on evaluations taken during the shift.
- Drive implementation of a “Continuous Improvement” organization that demonstrates improvement by continuously driving faults lower.
- Ensure complete and timely closeout of unplanned work orders with a clear description of the observed problems, actions taken, and any follow-ups that may be required.
- Ensure equipment product quality and safety by Mars standards.
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot and cold, dust, dirt, and chemicals.
- Perform assigned preventive maintenance on equipment and systems. Inspect equipment for wear, metal fatigue, and damage.
- Rebuild and fabricate parts and equipment.
- Team working skills at a variety of function levels. Following instructions of the Technical Lead and Manager as deemed necessary.
- Respond in a timely manner to unplanned work orders safely and quickly bring equipment to run in a ready state.
- To thoroughly coach and or train operations associates new to the area.
- Work with the System Technicians to improve the performance of systems.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics as well as basic intermediate PLC ladder logic.
- Able to complete all tasks in the area assigned by managers abiding by the Mars Safety and Quality Practices. Physical requirements: Ability to perform all needed physical activities without restrictions. (Maximum of 50 pounds lifting.)
- Controls and instrumentation knowledge including, but not limited to, Wonder ware HMI system chart recorders, resistance temperature detectors, pressure differential transmitters, and 4-20 MA loop control systems.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve technical problems.
- Knowledge of industrial plant systems, equipment, and operations.
- PC skills including the use of Maintenance Information Systems (MIS) system to plan and close work orders.
- Proficient in the use of industrial mechanics tools, electrician’s tools, instrumentation and controls tools, and rigging/millwork tools.
- The ability to certify and operate a forklift.
- Understanding of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) hardware including Modicon and Allen Bradley PLCs as well as others used in the field.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Working knowledge of variable frequency drives and other common drives used in the field.
- Responsible for complying with Mars Pet care quality and food safety policies, procedures, QMP, and other auditable quality, food safety, and regulatory standards in order to ensure a safe and quality product intended to delight the consumer.
Allied Reliability is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit alliedreliabilitygroup-staffing-jobs.icims.com.