Website Baker Hughes
NDE Level III Job Highlights
|Title||NDE Level III|
|Location||Aberdeen, Scotland, UK|
Baker Hughes Company is an energy technology company. It distributes products and services to oil and gas markets. Baker Hughes Process and Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers’ assets from pre-commissioning to decommissioning.
The company is searching for an NDE Level III who will facilitate a team of NDT Inspectors in the inspection of manufactured or refurbished parts, ensuring that all personnel qualifications and procedures meet the applicable specification requirements and international standards.
The position will provide technical communication on inspection or NDE issues throughout the business including manufacturing, supplier, and field support.
- The applicants should have B.Sc./BEng. in Materials Science/Materials Engineering or Equivalent.
- The candidates should have a proven experience in a similar role and hold an ASNT NDT L3 certificate.
- Being the primary technical interface and engineering resource on all NDT-related issues.
- Developing and approving the NDT Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions, and techniques.
- Exploring and seeking better ways and more efficient methods of allowing the business to perform NDT in the most optimal manner.
- Facilitating, training, and coordinating the activities of the NDT teams. To mentor teams on processing and inspecting parts to ensure the parameters of inspection services are met.
- Maintaining NDT personnel expertise and certification ensuring relevant training is completed/up to date to ensure the business is adequately covered by competent team members.
- Standardizing equipment, procedures, and processes to improve quality, realize savings, and improve domain knowledge.
- Supporting internal and external resources with the development and implementation of NDT/NDE technologies in order to bring productivity and quality to the next level.
- Troubleshooting and RCA’s of major shop issues to validate process changes and evaluate potential changes to improve the design or reflect manufacturing capabilities.
- Be familiar with API Q1/ ISO9001, API 6A and 17D, ASME B31.3/8, ASME IX, ASTM, ISO19902, AWSD1.1, NORSOK/DNV codes specifications.
- Be familiar with O&G equipment including Well Heads, XT’s, Manifolds, and Connection Systems.
- Be familiar with pressure-containing and structural welding including shop and site fabrication.
- Have proven Level III skills in PT, MT, UT/PAUT & RT
- Have a working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and Auditing.
- A safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Tailored financial programs
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.