Website Blue Origin
NDT Industry Level III Ultrasonic Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||NDT Industry Level III – Ultrasonic Inspector|
|Location||Huntsville, AL, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is looking for an NDT Industry Ultrasonic Inspector who will
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- They must hold level II certification in ultrasonic with phased array experience. Immersion methods a plus
- Provide previous OJT training and certification documentation
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related field.
- Inspect critical flight hardware for various spaceflight systems.
- Share in the team’s impact on all aspects of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) using multiple inspection methods striving toward perfect product delivery.
- Methods Include:
-Eddy Current (ET)
-Penetrant (PT) Preferred
-Radiography (RT) preferred
-Ultrasonic (UT) Required
- 2/4 years college degree in a technical field or equivalent
- Experience in a production environment (preferably in aerospace)
- Experience in Eddy current (ET) and Shearography (ST) is a plus
- Level II or Level III UT certification in immersion, TOFD and phased array methods
- Level II PT certification in dye penetrant methods
- Level II X-ray certification in CR/DR methods.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift and weekends
- Solid skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off – provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.