Website Lockheed Martin
NDT Level III Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||NDT Level III Engineer|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Fort Worth, TX, United States|
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services.
The company is seeking an NDT Level III Engineer who will perform engineering evaluation including defect analysis, nondestructive testing (NDT) methods analysis, and inspection
Note: When an inspection is required, the candidate must have a minimum Level II certification.
- The applicants should have a minimum AAS, AA, or AS Degree in NDT, Physical Sciences, Math, or Engineering from a college/university.
- Level III Certification in RT
- The candidates should have a level 3 employee experience i.e. 5 to 10 years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of non-destructive testing experience and documented previous NAS-410 Level III certification in at least 3 NDT methods (PT, MT, UT, RT, ET, or IRT).
- Must include 5 years of aerospace NDT experience.
- Experience in nondestructive inspection (NDI) of casting, welding, composite structure, and bonded assemblies.
- Extensive experience in Digital Radiography
- Applies advanced technical principles, techniques, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of new principles and theories.
- Design and evaluate Inspection Reference Parts (IRPs).
- Prepare and review engineering specifications. Develop and evaluate new equipment technology.
- Prepare and revise Technique Data Sheets (TDS), including evaluation of supplier/co-producer TDSs and procedures.
- Provide technical support to programs, field personnel, and suppliers/co-producers. You will use your abilities to assist in writing “Basis of Estimates” (BOEs) and assist NDI Test Engineering leadership in creating a budget, manpower, and capital plans for the group.
- You will participate in the development of NDI training course material for NDI Level I and II Inspection personnel.
- May be required to work 1st or 2nd shift and potential weekend shifts based on program needs.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to conduct NDI business up to 20%.
- Ability to interact with both contractor and customer representatives to develop a non-destructive inspection plan, schedules, and cost estimates.
- An AWS-CWI certification is a plus.
- ASNT NDT Level III certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Math, Science, Computer Science.
- Experience with Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP) requirements and collaboration with ASIP engineering specialists.
- Experience with NDI sustainment activities in the field.
- Must have demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good customer relationship management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and database utilization.
- State of Texas Radiation Safety License or equivalent
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Paid time off
- Rewards and recognition
- Work/life balance
- Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Must be able to obtain DOD Secret clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.lockheedmartinjobs.com.