Website Precision Castparts Corporation
NDT Penetrant Technician Level II Job Highlights
|NDT Penetrant Technician Level II
|Full Time (2nd shift)
|Franklin, NH, United States
|Precision Castparts Corporation
Precision Castparts is a market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. The company also produces airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market.
The company is looking for an NDT Penetrant Technician Level II who will set up and standardize equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate indications for acceptance or rejection, and document results.
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred but not required)
- More than 5 years of casting experience performing inspections as a certified PT Level 1 Inspector Technician A and with the demonstrated ability to perform reliable and accurate inspections on the most complex castings using all specialized inspection equipment including UV borescope.
- Must meet the minimum experience and classroom training elements as required by NAS 410 and PCC Procedure RI 4.1 for certification to Level II.
- Apply specialized Technical or trade knowledge equivalent to 5 years of trade training.
- Be capable of developing work instructions from general procedures for approval by the Responsible Level III.
- Be capable of providing the necessary guidance and or supervision to trainees and Level 1 personnel.
- Be capable of reading and applying controls as required by customer specifications, codes, standards, and engineering drawings that control the PT method.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the PT method.
- Complete all required inspection records, and certifications, and originate rework operations to repair castings using a variety of internal forms.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize all special inspection equipment including UV borescopes with a high degree of accuracy.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, or equipment, and report these and any unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of the investment casting process as well as the TIG welding process.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Engineering or Supervision on technical matters or test results.
- Must be capable of determining the most economical action needed to repair defective conditions by welding, blending, or other repair operations when allowed.
- Must be confident and capable of performing PT inspections on the most complex castings.
- Must have the ability to direct, perform, and document all process control checks as required. (duplicated remove)
- Must have the proven ability to consistently and adequately detect, evaluate, and identify the type or nature of surface indications to determine part conformance to the established acceptance criteria and with a degree of inspection accuracy that ensures defect escapes are a rare event.
- Meet established attendance standards.
- Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety, and health evaluations and programs.
- Must report any work-related injury or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
- Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all designated areas of the facility.
- Perform all physical functions of position; standing, stooping, bending, sitting, walking, twisting, kneeling, turning, and lifting of materials up to 50 lbs.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must successfully pass all qualification and requalification exams without restrictions and maintain certification as a PT Level II inspector.
- Use simple shop mathematics.
- Use various types of precision measuring instruments.
- Work from engineering drawings, specifications, charts, and tables.
Precision Castparts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.