Website BWX Technologies
Nuclear Welder (GTAW, SMAW) Job Highlights
|Title||Nuclear Welder (GTAW/SMAW)|
|Location||Vernon, IN, United States|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
Additional experience with dissimilar metal welding is also desired.
Experience performing x-ray or ultrasonic tested quality welds; welding out of position, in tight spaces or more complicated positions; knowledge of heat treatment practices; and familiarity with NDE methods is a plus.
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent and must satisfactorily complete all prescribed proficiency tests.
- Possess a minimum of 1 to 2 years of on-the-job experience (preferred)
- Attach preheat torches inside and outside, maintaining proper preheat temperatures.
- Buff, grind, and clean surfaces prior to welding and grind completed welds to drawing requirements.
- Grind and arc-air to remove defects.
- Identify and perform basic layouts to determine clad limit lines, weld size, spacing, etc.
- Install and remove mechanical round-out rings.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move equipment and components to and from the workstation.
- Perform minor maintenance on welding equipment and assist maintenance personnel as required.
- Provide weld quality comparable to commercial nuclear requirements
- Responsible for using proper wire and flux for the job to be performed.
- Set up and tear down the scaffold, when necessary.
- Set up, align, and level job.
- Set up and perform welding machine adjustments, including wire feed and electrode placement, as the job dictates.
- Use weld gauges (fillet, offset, etc.) as required.
- Verify the identity and physical characteristics of materials as required.
- Work from written or verbal instructions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to enter confined spaces
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to weld in a variety of positions, including laying on stomach
- Welding at extreme temperatures
- Welding from platforms, lifts, ladders, and at heights above 30 feet
- Due to our work with the federal government, U.S. citizenship with no dual citizenship is also required.
- The company offers a full range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, flexible work schedule, vacation/holiday, company-wide shutdowns, 24/7 gym on-site, and more.
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.