Website Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
Nuclear Welding & Repair Engineer/Scientist III Job Highlights
|Title||Nuclear Welding & Repair Engineer/Scientist III|
|Location||Charlotte, NC, United States|
|Company||Electric Power Research Institute|
Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) conducts research and development relating to the generation, delivery, and use of electricity for the benefit of the public.
The company is looking for a Nuclear Welding and Repair Engineer/Scientist who will perform advanced engineering/scientific analysis with minimal direction and supervision.
Beginning to demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in providing technical solutions. Works directly with EPRI staff and has high interaction with members and industry.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree (program) in a Technical field or equivalent experience
- The candidates should have 4 to 5 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience.
- Bachelor of Science of Science in Material Engineering or Welding Engineering
- 1 plus year of working knowledge of Utility Welding Programs, R&R programs, and maintenance programs
- Working knowledge of welding processes and material testing
- Assists Project/Program managers in assessing customer needs, formulating technical approaches, preparing proposals, technical publications/papers, and making presentations.
- Conducts independent research and begins to manage small, less complex projects
- Conducts technical searches and analyzes information in support of the project team.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Provides technical advice and counsel to other professionals within EPRI.
- Reviews progress and evaluate results. Makes changes in methods, design, or equipment where necessary.
Additional Job Responsibilities-
- Candidates will support the development, evaluation, and implementation of fabrication, repair, replacement technology for the electric power industry
- Effectively communicate project findings and status at regularly held advisory meetings and project status meetings
- Effectively interacting with other EPRI Technical Leads, while maintaining a team environment
- Perform task management and organization of technical data related to material testing
- Focus on projects within a program
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Individual contributor
- May participate in multiple projects
- May present research results to advisors or technical staff/members
- Required some supervision and guidance to recognize strategic issues and build collaborative projects
- Responsible for the success of individual projects
- Starting to develop technical depth in 1-2 areas
- Works closely with contractors or staff to complete project research
- Ability to work in a team environment, and have a high level of communication skills (customer interaction, internal, and external resources)
- Experience working in a lab environment
- 401(k) Investment Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Dental Plans
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Medical Plans
- Paid Family Leave (PFL)
- Paid Holidays
- Short-Term Disability (STD)
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Vision Plan
- Voluntary Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance
EPRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit vhr-epri.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.