Website Gulf Island
Offshore Pipe Welder Job Highlights
|Offshore Pipe Welder
|Houma, LA, United States
Gulf Island provides fabrication of complex steel structures and marine vessels and offshore and onshore services.
The company is looking for a candidate who can perform job functions required and/or assigned in the fabrication of iron as steel structures in accordance with the contract/job specifications and quality assurance requirements, fitting procedures, and established ISO/QC program standards.
The applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or GED from a welding school.
The candidates should have some fabrication experience for performing job duties properly.
- Maintain quality of welding that can pass NDT testing procedures.
- Follow instructions, written and verbal, with little or no supervision.
- Operate applicable hand tools (chipping hammers, grinders, etc.)
- Pass required welding test in accordance with AWS D1.1 latest edition.
- Operate high reaches and man-lifts as required when having to perform welding assignments above ground level.
- Perform welding assignments in a safe and efficient manner practicing safety at all times.
- Perform welding processes assigned for either structural, pipe, or automatic welding projects.
- Set and operate welding machine for applicable welding processes (stick, short arc, flux core, tig, fill and cap, automatic, etc.)
- Welders must have knowledge of and used welding machines, man-lifts, chipping and grinding equipment, cutting torches, welding leads, welding whips, and welding guns.
- Also, all applicable safety equipment used to perform their everyday welding duties (welding shields, goggles, hard hats, etc.) should be able to read and write.
- 75% to 80% of the work activities of a welder (with exceptions of automatic and TIG/pipe welders) are performed outdoors.
- Individuals will be required to work in changes of temperatures, hot, cold, humid, wet and dry conditions; dust, mud, etc.
- They could also be exposed to welding fumes and smoke especially when welding on certain materials (galvanize, etc.).
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to successfully demonstrate the ability to pass a written and practical welding test.
- Climbing – it is an essential job function or physical requirement.
- Standing – it is an essential job function or physical requirement.
- Pushing and Pulling – These physical requirements are essential job functions.
- Reaching, forward, and reaching overhead – These are essential job functions and physical requirements.
- Turning, twisting, bending, and stooping – These physical requirements are essential job functions.
- Walking – it is an essential job function or physical requirement.
- Balancing, fingering, feeling, talking hearing, and seeing – These are all considered normal physical duties, requirements and would be needed or required to work in this industrial environment in a safe and efficient manner.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.