Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
OPC 4 Hull Manager Job Highlights
|Title||OPC 4 Hull Manager|
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is looking for an OPC 4 Hull Manager to join its team. The position will directly supervise the assigned Hull Team
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess basic knowledge of vessel structure, welding techniques, pipefitting, electrical installation/termination, machine alignment, and paint (desired)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of ship terminology, safety, and OSHA regulations (desired)
- Possess 3 to 6 years of professional experience working within a Project Management capacity, in the maritime construction or repair industry.
- Minimum of 10 years cumulative experience in the Shipbuilding/Repair industry, or Shipyard new construction experience, preferably on ABS classed vessels, and other US Navy or US Coast Guard Programs, or using American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) naval vessel rules (NVR) requirements (highly preferred)
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
- Assures appropriate daily project staffing. Audits reports and monitors job progress to ensure that manpower utilization and allocation meet job requirements and bid expectations. Makes appropriate changes as necessary.
- Collaborate with superintendents to address construction challenges and determine the best path forward.
- Develop, communicate and drive the project schedule.
- Drive safety and cleanliness on the project.
- Ensures Program Management stays informed of Hull’s progress and challenges.
- Initiate and maintain cooperation with customers and other stakeholders to facilitate project activities and ensure expected project performance.
- Investigate safety hazards and manage all other risks by implementing appropriate corrective action.
- Maintain a commitment to, and promote the Quality Policy.
- Perform duties of Control Account Manager for multiple accounts on assigned projects.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Report on progress and related metrics as established.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings as needed.
- Reviews relevant cost data, quality, and capability for performing work internally versus subcontracting to outside suppliers and vendors. Responsible for making/buying determination for products or services through the analysis of relevant information.
- Work with Purchasing and Engineering to ensure proper material identification and timely delivery of materials to complete the project.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the project team with the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact.
- Intermediate-level Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook experience.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, general business periodicals, professional documents, Company policies/procedures, and governmental regulations. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior employees, management, and government officials.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with employees at all levels and the ability to multi-task.
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Integrity, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- May be exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the environment is low to moderate, such as in an office environment
- Operate in multiple environments, including a professional office environment, and Shipboard during the production, outfit, test, and delivery phases of each Ship.
- Must be able to work in a ship production environment, including climbing, entering tanks and voids, etc., in all weather conditions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.