Website Hubbell Incorporated
Operations Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Centralia, MO, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
The company is recruiting an Operations Manager who will be responsible for the direction and management of the business unit operations.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the plant.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering General or Business from a college/university
- Lean manufacturing training or certification (preferred)
- Possess 7+ years of leadership experience in manufacturing operations
- Actively manages salaried Production Supervisors and the hourly workforce to meet production requirements in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Attends and participates in daily production planning meetings.
- Develops and maintains operating budgets.
- Drives improved productivity levels without jeopardizing quality standards.
- Ensures a safe working environment for all employees and ensures compliance with OSHA and Hubbell requirements.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Keeps management apprised of progress and obstacles that constrain the attainment of company objectives. Makes recommendations and proposals for overcoming said obstacles.
- Must possess and exhibit excellent communication and leadership skills, along with a good working knowledge of personnel practices including recruitment, professional development, goal setting, performance management, union/labor relations, and administration of rules and regulations. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, training, motivating, and retaining employees; appraising and managing performance.
- Partners with the Lean organization for the development of Lean initiatives for the plant including lean certification training, Kaizen events, visual factory, development of standard work, and management of lean projects.
- Partners with the Quality organization to drive improvement in quality levels and reduction in scrap and waste in the plant.
- Practical knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.