Operations Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Dallas, TX, United States|
Cleaver-Brooks is a manufacturer of boiler room products. The company is a single-source manufacturer and supplier of boiler room products including boilers, burners, accessories, and controls.
The company is searching for an Operations Manager who will direct the daily operation and coordination of all field service and shop operational activities.
Managing the activities of our commercial service managers including their control technicians, boiler mechanics, and welders along with our industrial shop services which include weld/fab and tube shop managers and their respective teams.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a Technical Discipline from a college or university.
- Possess 5 years of experience in a similar industrial/technical position may be substituted, military training a plus
- Constantly seek ways to improve margin and efficiency on jobs.
- Coordinate internal and external technical resources to ensure appropriate cost-effective solutions are offered.
- Define and implement supervisor training for business development and managerial expectations.
- Determine internal candidates for leadership and succession planning
- Determine upcoming employee training needs and execution plans. This includes the identification of site-specific training, safety, and insurance requirements.
- Identify and resolve any job manpower or resource shortfalls.
- Moderate local travel, generally by vehicle.
- Monitor commercial service and shop work routinely for proper margin and schedule deliverables.
- Must be able to multi-task and respond to customer’s emergencies including outside normal business hours.
- Perform semiannual evaluations of all direct reports.
- The primary point of contact for customer issue resolution.
- Provide guidance to direct reports in proper planning of upcoming jobs.
- Review current and future manpower requirements to develop recommendations for the General Manager and President.
- Support customer requests for quotes and general information solicitation. Use existing technical drawings/diagrams/personnel/ resources to ensure that solutions offered to conform to equipment use specifications. Perform quote follow-up to spur customer award decisions.
- The core responsibility is the ultimate delivery of customer expectations of on-time delivery, on budget, and on specification.
- This is a direct customer-facing leadership position. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic understanding of boiler industry terminology is a plus.
- Computer competency including Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated solid teamwork, communication, and planning skills required
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication
- Work requires regular speed and accuracy in operating office equipment.
- Work requires a considerable variety of fairly steady active physical exertion.
- Typical office conditions.
- Plant, shop or field exposure will occur and may offer slightly disagreeable features.
- Customer visits may include exposure to site-specific hazards and safety requirements.
- The company offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, wellness benefits, tuition assistance, life insurance, short term, and long-term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, generous vacation, and 11 paid holidays.
Cleaver-Brooks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.