Website Stanley Black & Decker
Operator I Job Highlights
|Location||East Longmeadow, MA, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is looking for an Operator I who will set up, operate, and maintain equipment to automatic band cutter automatic welders, grind and anneal a variety of sizes and types of Bi-Metal, Carbide, Carbon and other types of bands saw blade material of various widths, thicknesses, and tooth configurations to produce finished band saw blades; following standard, established methods, practices and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience (preferred)
- Maintain welder jaws clean and free from flash. Periodically reverse jaws or remove and replace as required. Dress the abrasive wheel and remove and replace it as necessary. Complete the required documentation.
- Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations, and practices and employ all safety equipment and devices.
- Perform regularly scheduled daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance of all machines and equipment. Disassemble, clean, lubricate, and repair as required. Post the required information to the maintenance log sheet. Some operators calibrate, adjust, or repair gauges and precision measuring instruments used on the job.
- Receive coil stock and cut to proper size based on cut tags for welding on multiple weld lines. Adjust welding machine clamps for blade width, thickness, and tooth spacing. Set time and temperature controls as required, clamp the ends of the blade in the machine, position the flash guard, and actuate the cycle. After welding, and preliminary anneal depending on the size and type of blade, transfer welded blades to the grinder. Perform periodic visual checks for proper weld, alignment, and tooth spacing at weld.
- Use a grinding wheel or belt grinder to remove welding flash from both sides and back of the welded blade. Check the back of the blade as required with a dial indicator. Move blade to gullet grinder and grind flash from gullet and shape welded gullet to match original shape.
- Perform other similar or related duties as required or directed. (This position requires you to run a wide-width band weld line)
- Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
- Light physical effort is required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, and pulling 5 to 25 pounds
- Use of numbers including decimals
- Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands, and changing priorities.
- The benefits plan includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, retirement benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products as well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.