Website Cimarron Software Services
Orbital Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Orbital Welding Technician|
|Location||Titusville, FL, United States|
|Company||Cimarron Software Services|
Cimarron Software Services is a global solutions company with a strategic approach for software engineering, enterprise data management solutions, real-time command and control, systems engineering, solution delivery, configuration/data management, and engineering services.
Cimarron is seeking an experienced Orbital Welding Technician to support the development of Boeing’s CST-100 Starliner, a spacecraft being developed in support of NASA’s Commercial Crew Program at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
The candidates should have passed a High School Diploma or equivalent from a welding school.
- The applicants should have 3 or more years of orbital tube welding experience.
- A&P license.
- Experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Experience with TIG welding and working in a cleanroom environment.
- Previous Boeing technical certifications and training related to structural assembly.
- Previous experience loading or de-servicing spacecraft commodities and use of Self-Contained Atmospheric Protective Ensemble (SCAPE).
- Experience with welding, machining, or manufacturing.
- Experience documenting automated assembly tasks performed in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Experience performing rework, repair, and modification to parts and assemblies and periodic maintenance on assembly machines and tooling.
- Experience verifying the accuracy of work performed and performing self-inspections.
- General shop skills, including Foreign Object and Debris (FOD) prevention, material handling, safety, calibration requirements, ESD, and contamination control of precision clean systems.
- Must be safety conscious and familiar with safety requirements in a manufacturing environment.
- Perform setup of the welding system.
- Work from blueprints and approved drawings.
- Cut and prepare all tubing and fittings used in the welding operation.
- Conduct operational maintenance, refurbishment, and repair of spacecraft subsystems and ground systems.
- Follow established procedures to set up and operate the orbital welding system.
- Troubleshoot spacecraft and ground systems to isolate faults and repair faulty components.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility. Access to the facility requires a background investigation by U.S. Government authorities.
- Ability to pass a physical examination (visual acuity, color perception, respiratory, etc.) to meet production certification and safety requirements.
- Due to facility security requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairways, and scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods (8 hours or more).
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Must be able to work 1st shift (6:30 AM – 3:00 PM), 2nd shift (3:00 PM – 11:30 PM), overtime, and weekends, as needed.
Note: This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to DOT random drug and alcohol testing.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We believe in recognizing employees’ worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit cimarroninc.hua.hrsmart.com.