Paint Prep Job Highlights
|Salisbury, NC, United States
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste-handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services are used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company is looking for a Paint Prep to join its team.
- Less than High School Education or up to 1 month of related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Taping and masking experience (preferred)
- Examines and feels the surface of the workpiece for defects
- Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce a smooth, unmarred surface
- Replaces worn abrasive disk wheels
- Selects abrasive wheel, or disk according to specifications, knowledge of abrasives, and condition of metal, and attaches to grinder
- Starts grinder and moves it over the surface of the workpiece to remove scratches, laminated metal, excess weld material, and burs
- Detail-Oriented – Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Flexibility – Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your schedule and goals
- Self-Starter – Inspired to perform without outside help
- Team Player – Works well as a member of a group
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.