Painter (Industrial) Job Highlights
|Title||Painter – Industrial|
|Location||Lincoln, NE, United States|
Cleaver-Brooks is a manufacturer of boiler room products. The company is a single-source manufacturer and supplier of boiler room products including boilers, burners, accessories, and controls.
The company is searching for a Painter – Industrial who will be responsible for preparing various types of surfaces and then applying paint, epoxies, urethanes, zinc primers, and other coating or finishes to protect or decorate the interior or exterior surfaces of pressure vessels, piping, steel pieces, fixtures, parts, structures, and related components, in accordance with work instructions per customer specifications and safe work practices.
- The applicants should have a High School Degree or GED equivalent (preferred)
- Technical training at an accredited school (preferred)
- Certification in an EPA approved Painter Training Course (required)
- NACE training is helpful.
- Possess a minimum 1 year of experience in industrial painting in the heavy industrial shop, or similar heavy industrial manufacturing, construction, or maintenance, performing the work described herein preferred.
- Ability to maintain manual and electronic records and follow procedures as required by State, Federal and local requirements. (RCRA)
- Must be able to read, understand and follow paint mixing instructions as provided by the paint manufacturer, including thinning and atmosphere requirements.
- Must be able to blend in grinding marks to minimize such marks showing on a final paint job.
- Must be able to mask boiler, burner, and piping to prevent overspray from different colors and types of paint.
- Must be able to prep surfaces of vessels, structural steel, piping, equipment, parts, or structures by chipping, grinding, wire brushing, power sanding/hand sanding, and steel grit blasting prior to painting. This includes removing rust, tack welding, weld splatter, oils, and dirt.
- Must be able to take readings of blast profiles and readings of wet/dry mil thicknesses.
- Must be able to troubleshoot paint defects and use corrective measures; repairs areas of damaged paint by wire brushing, power sanding, or hand sanding, and repainting.
- Must have the ability to read, understand, and follow all safety and work rules, instructions, signs, and labels.
- Must have the ability to read, understand, and follow paint prep specifications and paint specifications on the shop order or job-specific Project Data Sheet, including paint type and mil thickness.
- Must have the training and ability to operate the overhead crane, properly rig crane for handling various components, and set up ladders and scaffolds to perform tasks above ground level.
- Must keep paint cage orderly. This includes proper storage of paint, paint supplies, and paint equipment per State, Federal, and local requirements. Must keep supervisor informed of low stock.
- Must know how to perform the work described herein, meeting quality and production standards; work within precise limits or standards of accuracy; make decisions based on measured criteria; read and understand drawings and specifications; visualize objects in three dimensions from flat drawings; and be able to follow instructions, both verbally and written, or as directed by a supervisor.
- Must know proper clean-up procedure for the equipment, leftover paint stock, and hazardous waste products per State, Federal, and local requirements. (RCRA)
- Must know, per the paint specifications, which tip size to use, paint tip fan size, filter size, drying time, and recoat time; apply surface primer, intermediate coats, and top coats using a spray gun, paintbrush, or canned spray paint.
- Must know, understand, and abide by 5S housekeeping procedures and Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Must understand and use the IFS time-keeping system to clock on/off jobs correctly and accurately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have good reading, writing, and math skills
- MS Office skills preferred
- Must be able to read tape measure; read and interpret blueprints, process sheets, safety rules, operating/procedure, and maintenance instructions.
- Must work easily and skillfully with hands; lifts 40 – 60 lbs. chest-high on an occasional basis; see well, hear well; must be able to regularly bend, stretch, stoop, squat, and climb ladders. Will climb and maintain balance working 18 feet off the ground on ladders, scaffolds, and paint booth equipment; works in confined space.
- Requires extensive standing and walking for up to 12 hours on cement surfaces as part of normal job duties.
- Use PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed shoes, hard hats, protective clothing, grinding shields, fall protection, and be medically cleared for respirator usage, and wear properly fitting respirators; must be able to meet all OSHA required or client-required medical standards.
- The company offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, wellness benefits, tuition assistance, life insurance, short term, and long-term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, generous vacation, and 11 paid holidays.
Cleaver-Brooks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.