Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Painter/Sandblaster 1/C Job Highlights
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is seeking a Painter/Sandblaster 1/C who will operate spray painting and sandblasting equipment to apply protective coatings and paints to fabricated structural steel material and other materials.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 to 5 years of marine painting/sandblasting experience (desired)
- An equivalent combination of education or experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of ship terminology, safety, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations desired.
- Knowledge of the transportation and storage of hazardous material requirements desired.
- Requires working knowledge of marine coating applications and surface preparation.
- Strong working knowledge in the proper use and care of spray guns, brushes, rollers, sandblasting equipment, etc. required.
- Comply with Company, Federal, State, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations, and policies while performing duties.
- Disassembles paint and sandblasting equipment; cleans equipment, using solvent, wire brushes, dry cloths, etc.
- Maintain a clean work area, tools, and equipment.
- Operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare fabricated steel items for application of paint and or other protective coatings.
- Operate various types of equipment such as blast pots and spray guns.
- Protect surfaces or items that are not to be painted using masking tape or other material as required.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Remove grease, dirt, paint, rust, etc. from surfaces using abrasives, solvents, brushes, etc.
- Select the appropriate paint or mix paints according to pre-determined formula and in accordance with contract specifications.
- Successfully manipulate safety controls and adjust controls on equipment to regulate pressure and amount of abrasive blast.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to determine the difference between colors, matching or detecting any type of difference between colors they work with.
- Ability to read and comprehend written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools.
- Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety-conscious, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- Regularly required to communicate
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft or working from scaffolding or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space.
- The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, continual loud noise, and other hazards found in a heavy industrial shipyard environment.
- Rigorous compliance with safety procedures, policies, and personal safety equipment requirements is therefore mandatory.
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.