Painter Job Highlights
|Rosemount, MN, United States
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste-handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services are used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company is searching for a Painter (industrial) who will be familiar with using an airless paint finishing system in a fast-paced production environment, where they will spray surfaces of machines, manufactured products, or working areas with protective/decorative material such as paint, enamel, glaze, gel-coat, or lacquer.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having basic schooling will be a plus
- Possess experience painting metal surfaces, machinery, or manufactured products
- Experience using an Airless Paint Finishing System
- Experience using paint, enamel, glaze, gel coat, or lacquer
- Preferred experience in a fast-paced production environment
- Applies masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated
- Cleans grease and dirt from product
- Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with solvent
- Coats areas inaccessible to hand sprayer with brush
- Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain a smooth surface
- Heats and sprays wax onto products after they are tested
- Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce a smooth, unmarred surface
- Pours coating liquid into a spray container and connect the gun to the air hose
- Pulls trigger and directs spray onto a work surface to apply prime or finish coat
- Removes rust from metal with acid, wire brush, or steel wool
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce the desired color
- Starts grinder and moves it over the surface of work piece to remove scratches, laminated metal, excess weld material, and burs
- Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate the width and pressure of the spray
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.