Website Precision Castparts Corporation
Pattern Finisher Job Highlights
|Portland, OR, United States
|Precision Castparts Corporation
Precision Castparts is a market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. The company also produces airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market.
The company is hiring a Pattern Finisher who will prepare patterns for assembly and prepare soluble cores for pattern molding; wax welds multiple components using fixtures to maintain dimensional conformity; and repair wax patterns and soluble cores in accordance with quality standards.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Demonstrated experience to fully perform the duties of a Wax Cleaner or a Wax Assembler “C” (not at TBO) OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Objective: to assemble pattern components and/or make dimensional alterations to patterns.
- Reads tech cards and engineering instructions.
- Assembles wax components into visually and dimensionally acceptable patterns; may use specialized fixturing.
- Inspect modifications with special gauges and other measuring devices.
- Modifies patterns or soluble cores using various hand tools and wax materials.
- Occasionally inserts ceramic cores in wax patterns and maintains dimensional integrity (TBO only).
Objective: to fix broken or damaged patterns and soluble cores and restore them to dimensionally acceptable condition.
- Replaces broken features by wax welding fragments or by using other wax supplies to reconstruct missing areas.
- Fills voids and reforms damaged contours by attaching and shaping stock wax.
Objective: to work patterns and soluble core surfaces to meet visual inspection criteria.
- Completes dimensional integrity restoration and plugging of holes per tech cards.
- Fills or patches negatives using paint wax, melted stock wax, hot pencils, and other tools and materials.
- Inspects work for compliance with quality standards.
- Removes flash, mismatch, and other surface positives using a variety of hand tools and materials.
Objective: to identify patterns with specified serial pads and numbers.
- Places sticky wax pads or stamps with specified serial numbers directly into patterns, per tech cards
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
- Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operates all equipment and tools.
- Identifies and reports safety problems.
- Gloves, Long sleeves, Goggles, and Mask – optional for soluble cleaning
- Maintains accurate records of work performed.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Safety Glasses and Steel Toe Shoes – all times
- Trains less skilled personnel as assigned.
- Ability to follow complex written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to lift or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds and occasionally up to one hundred twenty-five pounds.
- Ability to work in conditions which may include exposure to noise, fumes, crowding, abrasions, cuts, and chemicals.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Working knowledge of cleaning techniques, methods, materials, and tools and ability to use simple to moderately complex measuring devices and fixtures.
Precision Castparts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.