Website Hubbell Incorporated
Pattern Maker Job Highlights
|Location||Leeds, AL, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
The company is hiring a Pattern Maker who will be responsible for building and maintaining foundry toolings such as patterns, core boxes, and related items.
Also, will support secondary manufacturing tooling requirements including building and maintaining various fixtures and gauges.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma
- Possess 5+ years of job-related experience
- Experience building and rigging Laempe-type machines
- Experience with CNC mill set-up and operation
- TIG and MIG welding experience
- Build tooling using various materials meeting all drawings or otherwise stated specifications. Materials used include various metals, plastics, and wood
- Fabricate, fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify foundry patterns, jigs, gauges, and tools using machine and hand tools
- Follow written and verbal instructions with accuracy
- Identify concerns and recommend countermeasures
- Keep shop area and equipment clean and orderly
- Perform all tasks in a safe and timely manner while adhering to all company policies
- Perform complex repairs and modifications to foundry and machine shop-type tooling
- Perform corrective, scheduled, and preventive maintenance on foundry tooling
- Read and interpret part, casting, and tool drawings
- Select appropriate materials to be used for various tooling applications
- Set up and operate conventional or numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Verify conformance of patterns or other tooling to dimensional specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometers
- Basic understanding of sand molding and core-making process
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.