Website Stanley Black & Decker
Peening II Straightener Operator Job Highlights
|Peening II Straightener Operator
|East Longmeadow, MA, United States
|Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is searching for a Peening II Straightener Operator who will perform the required duties to operate a grit blast machine and straightener to remove oxide coating from various types and sizes of bimetal steel saw coils following prescribed practices and procedures.
Work from production orders, inventory listings, and other written or verbal orders or instructions.
Entry of data into the computer where needed.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience (preferred)
- Assure matching of material to coil identification tag. Using an overhead electric hoist, load coils of metal saw material onto the feed table and position the insert end of material through the entry slot, between rollers, out existing opening, and secure to reel on take up table. Assure proper positioning of the limit switch. Close the door and operator machine. Operation is automatic and shuts off at the end of the coil. Visually inspect to ensure that the take-up table is in operation, and the entire blade is being cleaned. Tie processed rolls with tie wraps, retain coil identification with the proper tag, remove them from the take-up table, and place them in a pile on the skid. Maintain computer inventory by entering data.
- Detect and report defective or unsafe equipment and materials, as well as unusual situations.
- Maintain inventory of parts and necessary material, grit, etc. by requisitioning from supervisor.
- Operate Welder and inspect for quality.
- Perform routine servicing and maintenance duties for machines. Use hand tools to replace worn or defective machine components. Clean internal screen of debris, foreign objects, etc. Vacuum units and add grit material as required. Use a grease gun to grease the unit monthly. Cut lengths of wire from the coil as required.
- Repair and maintain welder components.
- Set up and operate multiple simple type printing units to print limited information on blades at pre-determined spacing. Install stamp and adjust for blade height to position marking in the center of blade add ink to reservoir, set guides, and monitor operation. Inspect to ensure proper marking, quality, etc. Clean printer.
- Troubleshoot poor welds and adjust as needed.
- Visually see and inspect for tooth tip damage
- Other duties as performed.
- Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands, and changing priorities.
- Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
- Light physical effort is required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, and pulling 5 to 40 pounds
- Use of numbers including decimals
- The benefits plan includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, retirement benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products as well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.