Website Cajun Industries
Manager of Pipe Fabrication Job Highlights
|Title||Pipe Fabrication Manager|
|Location||Port Allen, LA, United States|
Cajun Industries provides engineering and construction services. The company offers building construction, structural concrete, prefabrication, piping fabrication, scheduling, plant relocation, site development, and designing.
The company is seeking a Pipe Fabrication Manager who will be responsible for the overall success and profitability of the fabrication business unit, which includes the development, management, and oversight of the fabrication team and the daily processes and procedures to ensure the business unit’s focus on safety, quality and productivity.
The position will report to the Director of Business Services for Mechanical Operations.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Experience interfacing with external clients and internal departments to plan work, manage work, and problem solve.
- History of implementing and managing quality control processes and procedures in a fabrication or manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading and managing a fabrication team, preferably pipe fabrication.
- Experience reviewing isometric drawings and performing material and labor take-offs.
- Experience with project management activities including cost analysis, cost projections, purchasing, billing, and job profitability.
- Prior responsibilities for the financial performance of a company or division.
- Ability to manage a network of vendors and service providers to ensure compliance with deliverables, schedules, and adherence to Cajun quality and safety standards.
- Ability to manage backlog, develop and implement project schedules, and allocate resources to hit project delivery dates.
- Ability to plan work and identify capacity restrictions or gaps in work.
- Ability to promote the capabilities of the fab shop to the client base.
- Ability to review performance metrics and identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Assist in the preparation and review of all project billings to clients in compliance with contractual terms.
- Constantly review staffing levels and perform all hiring responsibilities.
- A detailed review of bid opportunities and lead the preparation of detailed, lump sum, or unit-based estimates and submission of proposal documents.
- Develop an annual budget and measure performance against the budget. Routinely update financial forecasts for the department.
- Embody and promote Cajun’s safety culture and ensure strict adherence to safety processes and procedures.
- Ensure all training, development, and performance management is executed for the team in adherence to Cajun standards.
- Ensure cost projections are done accurately and timely.
- Manage the quality control team and ensure efficient integration of quality control throughout the manufacturing process.
- Manage towards positive cash flow on a project-by-project basis.
- Oversight of all human resource activities for the department.
- Participate in safety meetings, incident reviews, and other risk management activities.
- Regularly review cost reports and other metrics, identify costs concerns and take immediate action to correct them.
- Review of all project documents to identify risks and opportunities and to develop a project execution plan.
- Review upstream and downstream contracts for risk compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of material specifications and welding procedures.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and have experience working in other computer software applications including Viewpoint, Acorn, or other ERP systems.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills applied daily.
- Strong management and leadership skills to manage, organize, and direct the fabrication team to execute the daily activities at the shop.
- Strong technical knowledge based on a long history of varied experience and the ability to apply that technical knowledge to bid preparation/review and project execution.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Cajun Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-cajunusa.icims.com.