Website City Experiences
Pipe Fitter Job Highlights
|Location||City Cruises Operation, NY, United States|
City Experiences offers a range of land-based experiences including shore excursions, partner-offered experiences, multi-port packages, Cruising Excursions, ShoreTrips, and Walks products. Its iconic water-based experiences are branded City Cruises, and its ferry services are part of the City Ferry division.
The company is searching for a Pipe Fitter who will work aboard dinner cruise vessels to repair, replace, and install piping and connected equipment, as well as other metal furnishings on commercial vessels.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- Current and valid certification is a plus
- The candidates should have 1+ years of experience in welding/brazing work
- Experience working on construction sites and with power tools
- Experience working in a team and operational environment
- Able to work cooperatively with other department personnel.
- Cleans, sands, and smooth surfaces, using appropriate tools, such as scrapers, sandpaper, steel wool, or chemicals.
- Conduct yourself with a positive and contagious attitude for others to emulate.
- Coordinate with supervisor to layout pipe routing and connection details
- Creates new pipe penetrations, according to drawings.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipes according to pipe system specs.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in a molten tin and lead to prevent erosion or galvanic and electrolytic action.
- Execute Lockout/Tagout procedure for secured systems.
- Follow defined instructions and procedures in the performance of tasks.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe, clean work area.
- Holds yourself and all employees accountable to the Environmental, Safety, and Quality Respect and SMS systems of the organization and works closely with the Manager of ISO/Respect & Training to implement such systems, plans, and control of records and documentation.
- Keep the Project Supervisor and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations.
- Overhaul and test valves.
- Read and understand blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Repair and maintain pipe systems and components. Repair cracks and leaks
- Secure pipes to walls, fixtures, radiators, and tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Select and install hardware appropriate to application, strength, and metallurgy considerations.
- Select and install pipe fittings such as flanges, unions, and tees.
- Select and install supports, pipe hangers, and other metal structures to securely support piping installations within the vessel
- Sets up and dismantles staging following OSHA staging guidelines
- Travel to job sites within the US and internationally as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems such as flow obstructions, routing interferences, or insufficient flow rates.
- Turn off steam, water, or gas from pipe sections and release stored energy, or drain pipe from all fluids prior to commencing work.
- Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper pipe sizes.
- Use torches and/or welding equipment to assemble piping. May be assigned as hot work fire watch as needed.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel to jobs at different sites
- Knowledge of construction site best practices and safety procedures
- Must have experience working in the marine or construction field
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven Leadership and Organizational skills
- Skilled in reading and interpreting blueprints
- Valid driver’s license
City Experiences is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.