Website J-W Power Company
Pipe Fitter Job Highlights
|Location||Kilgore, TX, United States|
|Company||J-W Power Company|
J-W Power Company specializes in sales, service, parts, and leasing of natural gas compression equipment. In addition, we manufacture highly engineered compression packages such as high-pressure injection and compressed natural gas (CNG) equipment for direct sale. Our field offices are located in all of the major oil & natural gas basins.
The company is searching for a Pipefitter who will set coolers, bottles, run pipes, and build/install bracing as per instructions on the drawings provided by engineering.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 months or more related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have welding skills for tacking pipe and welding braces
- Attend toolbox meetings and safety meetings as scheduled and complete web base training safety training.
- Connect pipes, using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, cemented joints or track welded.
- Cut, thread, bend pipe and assemble and install a variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and plastic.
- Increase pressure in the pipe system and observes the connected pressure gauge to test the system for leaks.
- Inspect the work site to determine the presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe will not cause structural weakness.
- Install and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment such as pumps and cylinders.
- Install and maintain systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Modify programs of automated machinery, such as robots and conveyors, to change the motion and speed of machines.
- Observe production machines in assigned areas of the manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- Operate machinery to verify repair.
- Plan installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with the activities of other workers.
- Secure pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers.
- Select type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Weld pipe supports to structural steel members.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Demonstrated ability to read a tape measure, build equipment using drawings, calculate pipe lengths and angles, and apply concepts of Arithmetic, algebra, and geometry applications.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret written information, write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar, and present numerical data effectively.
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of metal fabrications or other structures.
- Proven ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Forklift Certification or the ability to obtain one
- Manlift Certification or the ability to obtain one
- A Valid Driver’s License
- The company offers a benefits package that includes paid time off, 401(k) plan and company match, medical, prescription, dental and vision, life and disability plans, along with flexible spending accounts, and additional benefit programs.
J-W Power Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.